Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sectional Slipcover Day at The Nesters!


I had the privilege of taking "slipcovers 101" at The Nester's house last weekend! Below is a before shot of her beloved toile sofa.



                                   
We met and we mingled and we felt like we knew each other right away.



Tracy gave us a lesson in cutting on the bias (even though lazy sewing types, ahem, like me, thought it would be too hard or too time consuming the payoff was GREAT!)




Alisan was smart enough to do all the math and cut all the panels or gussets or soffets or whatever the thing is that goes around the side of each and every cushion.  Tiny Twig is planning her escape to go pick up a Diet Mountain Dew.





Carrie and Jennifer worked on the long section and Kristi (aka: the slipcover whisperer) explained the arm section to Tracy.



Since we don't work for free, The Nester fed us well all day!


Ellen let me copy off her and pretty much saved me from the shame of not knowing what I was doing.  And Lilly managed to be stylish while working like a dog on her hands and knees and never breaking a sweat!



The finished product turned out looking like a professional did it--it made me feel like pretty much anything can be accomplished with 11 women, coffee and snacks.  My baby girl showed up at the end of the day to sit in for Tiny Twig who left early for a date with her man (Chloe is only slightly smaller.)

It was a blast to hang out with these talented ladies. 

7 comments:

  1. How fun was that! Hmmm...think if I fed everyone y'all would come to my house and paint my bathroom? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracey! It was so great meeting you. I am so glad I got to go and be with you all. What a rewarding day in so many ways. How wonderful how the Holy Spirit connects us all in love. I love how you write, you are witty and funny - it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 05, 2010

    I know I've already said it, but I had such a great time! I loved hearing more about your family in Paris and seeing your sweet little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your blog with me! Your weekend sounded like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like such a fun day! My couch needs a little bit of love. haha

    Thanks for the note about not grinding flax seed with the immersion blender. It's always good to know these things before hand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am soooooo jealous, I just LOVE the nesters blog!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those frames down the stairwell is sooo neat T - I am looking around to see where I can do that here!!

    ReplyDelete

Make Room For...a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...