Saturday, December 31, 2011

One Word 2011 = Patience--Wrap Up

So I did it. I prayed for patience in 2011, the one thing I had always been warned to not pray for because you would surely be given lots of practice if you asked.



There were eye opening moments, like when I would catch myself getting impatient with my kids impatience. Yeah, it's true. I was trying to hurry them out the door and one wasn't getting their shoes on quickly enough and the other was getting frustrated with zipping his coat. The more impatient I got the harder it was for him to zip that coat.

By focusing on patience I was forced to be patient. Or at least admit it when I wasn't.

And you know what? It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  Sure, I still lose my patience and I'm still working on it, but I know His mercies are new every morning.


And I will get lots more practice, especially in the kitchen with my favorite helper.

Thanks again Alece, this was a wonderful blessing, I already have my word for next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make Room For...a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...