Monday, April 21, 2008

Do I Even Know Six Bloggers That Know Me?

-I have wanted to get tagged for a meme since the first time I read one (because I love to talk about myself.) The first time I saw the word meme I had to look it up because I had no clue what it was or how to pronounce it. For the record, I am pronouncing it with a long E because I think it makes more sense that way and I kind of don't care if it's right or not.

The trouble is, now that Debbie at This is the Life tagged me for this meme I am feeling a little nervous that I can't come up with six other people to tag that won't think "Who the heck is this random person tagging ME for a meme?" It's all part of that "does anyone really read this thing but me, my husband and Debbie?" Which, I always say I don't care about, but clearly I do since I am now writing this!

Oh shush! Now let's get down to the meme of
Six Unimportant Things About Me
. Here are the rules:

1. Link back to the person who tagged you. (Done)
2. Post these rules on your blog. (Uh, huh)
3. Share six unimportant things about yourself (I finally get to tell you the things I have been dying to tell you!)
4. Tag six random people at the end of your entry. (Don't be sad if I didn't pick you, you were spared.)

Here you go friends, read 'em and weep.

1. I do not like the color purple or dinosaurs. If you give me anything purple or give my son anything with a dinosaur on it, I will donate it to charity. Sorry, but you have been warned.

2. I love home remedies and I am proud of it. Call me a mountain mama and I will be your BFF.

3. I have a strong dislike for plastic and the microwave. I allow both in moderation, but dream of a life and house with neither. And I'm not just talking about plastic IN the microwave, which I would never allow.

4. I could drink a frozen Coke, Slurpee, Icee whatever you call them in your neck of the woods, every day of the week. I did the happy dance when I found out last month you can get one at Burger King without even getting out of your car.

5. I am allergic to Penicillin and aspartame. Well, I'm not really allergic to aspartame, but I think it's poison so I tell doctors I am allergic to it when they ask. (Diet Coke is poisoning you Debbie, according to me.)

6. I LOVE AUTO RACING! I am from Indianapolis so I come by it honestly. And, it turned the head of my amazing husband, which might just be the reason he proposed to me 3 months after we met.

I am tagging these Blogarinas, even though they are very popular and might not even have time to respond to meme's anymore. They are my go to girls, when I read blogs I always visit theirs first.

Nester at Nesting Place.
Emily at Chatting at the Sky.
Meredith at Like Merchant Ships.
Tracey at Notes from a Cottage Industry.
Julia at Hooked on Houses.
Lauren at My Life with Books.

10 comments:

  1. I love all of those wonderful bloggers--but life with books or for books I've never been there! I am dYING to go check her out ASAP!!!!!

    Thanks and I'll try to think of something somewhat intresting so I can play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing so hard at your first paragraph. I'm a new blogger and I love to talk about my self too. I've also been stumped by all of the blog lingo like meme, typepad, tag, widget... You can always tag me, then I can feel like I'm part of the "tag your it" crowd. :) Come by my blog for a visit. ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, Tracey, I'm honored to be mentioned in the same paragraph as those other blogarinas! Thanks for thinking of me.

    This looks like fun. I'll try to find a way to fit it in as soon as I get a chance. Maybe I could put it on my About page or something since I don't really do personal posts. In the meantime, I'll be trying to think of something interesting about myself to mention so I don't bore everybody!

    P.S. I know Diet Coke is probably killing me, but I still can't stop drinking it. Maybe that'll be #1 on my list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracey--You don't know me...but I suppose that is what is amusing about what I am going to do. You seem so thrilled to be tagged by Debbie (who was tagged by me)...so I am going to tag you for a whole new meme. I apologize in advance for what you might have to read on my site :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Death by diet coke. I think my best friend has only a few months to live. She drinks about 10 a day. (no, I'm not kidding!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so i guess barney is out of the question in your house...?

    I'm working on my post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Emily,

    Yep, no Barney. As much as I hate to discriminate against a color, I just can't shake this distaste for all things purple.

    Thanks for playing along with the meme, I feel like I just forwarded junk mail by sending it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tracey,
    I found your blog through Emily and thought I would just say hi! You were cracking me up with your 7random things... especially #1. I hate purple dinosaurs too!! Oh my word! Cute blog! Nice to meet ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love reading meme's. :) Thanks for sharing yours! It looks like we frequent many of the same wonderful blogs....I'll add you to my blog roll and check in on yours as well! I'm not familiar with My Life with Books and I *love* to read, so I'll have to mosey on over there and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, I guess Barney isn't allowed in the Crosby home?

    ReplyDelete

Make Room For...a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...