Tuesday, July 31, 2012

For the Love of Carrots

It was 10 minutes before dinner and I wanted another veggie for our fancy hot dog and baked beans dinner. So I figured why not roasted carrots? We have one who can't quite chew raw carrots yet or I would have served carrot sticks and called it good.


Slice carrots; thinner is better, but it's not critical. {kind of like my waistline----->}


Drizzle with olive oil, S & P and mix with your hands to coat. And here's a little secret, instead of washing my hands after, I rub all that olive oil in like lotion and then just give them a quick rinse.
In the oven at 400 degrees until edges start to brown, which isn't long.


A half eaten dinner is kind of grody, but I was so busy eating I almost forgot the after pic!

These guys loved the roasted carrots. And true to kiddo form the next time I made them they didn't.

What's your go to side dish 10 minutes before dinner?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Make Room For...a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...